Intent (based on the National Curriculum)
Our aim is to create enthusiastic students who have a broad, detailed and rich knowledge of business and economic theory and thus will have the motivation and knowledge to succeed in their chosen career paths.
In KS4 we aim to engage and inspire students, which reflects the demands of a truly modern and evolving business environment, allowing students to develop as commercially minded and enterprising individuals which will help them to succeed in their chosen pathway. The engaging themes taught at GCSE will spark our students’ imagination and inspire commercial thinking as they develop their business knowledge. We use contemporary business contexts in our teaching, which enables engagement and extensive learning in the classroom.
Economics A level
where our aims are for students to be able to:
- develop an interest in, and enthusiasm for Economics
- appreciate the contribution of economics to the understanding of the wider economic and social environment
- develop an understanding of a range of concepts and an ability to use those concepts in a variety of different contexts
- use an enquiring, critical and thoughtful approach to the study of economics and develop an ability to think as an economist
- understand that economic behaviour can be studied from a range of perspectives
- develop analytical and quantitative skills, together with qualities and attitudes that will equip them for the challenges, opportunities and responsibilities of adult and working life.