|Term 1||Module 1. Au Collège|| |
|In this unit of study, students will develop their ability to:
- Talk about school life, subjects and rules
- Compare schools in England with those in France.
- Talk about a school exchange.
- Focus on making translations sound natural.
|Assessment: ||Key Words and Terms|
|Term 2||Module 3. Bon Travail!|| |
|In this unit of study, students will develop their ability in the following areas:
- Discussing career choices, plans for the future, hopes and wishes and applying for jobs.
- Talking about the importance of languages beyond the classroom. |
|Assessment: Students will complete a mock exam which will encompass all skills examined at GCSE.||Key Words and Terms|
|Term 3||Module 8. Un Oeil sur le Monde|| |
|Through this unit of study, students will develop their ability to:
- Talk about environmental issues and how to protect the environment.
- Use balanced arguments to discuss fair-trade and volunteering.|
|Assessment: Students will complete a second mock exam. This will incorporate all aspects of the GCSE examination.||Key Words and Terms|
|Term 4 ||Modules 1 - 8 revisited || |
|In this unit students will both revisit the modules of work covered over the two year course. This will be done through exam skills and practice questions in order to prepare students fully for their exam|
|Assessment: Students will do a 'walking-talking-mock' in which their classroom teacher will walk them through the exam paper in order to ensure that they are fully prepared with the layout and exam expectations. ||Key Words and Terms|